“Not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers.”
— Harry Truman
Reading is a keystone to improving your insurance business.
- Bill Gates reads about 50 books per year.
- Mark Cuban reads more than 3 hours every day.
- Mark Zuckerberg resolved to read a book every 2 weeks throughout 2015.
Reading can also have a profound impact on your emotional and focus. In a study done by Mindlab International, it was found that reading 6 minutes a day can reduce stress levels by up to 68% and almost immediately slowed heart rate.
When asked about the key to his success, Warren Buffet once replied:
“Read 500 pages like this every day. That’s how knowledge works. It builds up, like compound interest. All of you can do it, but I guarantee not many of you will do it.”
Buffet now devotes close to 80% of his day reading.
That’s why we’ve put together this list of 70 books that are guaranteed to make you smarter, more savvy, and improve your insurance business.
To grow a successful insurance agency, you have to understand the industry inside and out.
The following are several books that range from basic primers on the different types of insurance you can sell to advanced risk management and other important strategies.
Building your sales skills impacts all areas of life – but sales is especially important in the insurance business.
The following sales books offer timeless strategies for acquiring new clients and growing your agency.
As you scale your agency, the ability to generate leads will be one of the biggest factors in determining how successful you are.
The following books will teach you about how to set your agency apart from competitors, how to target the right people, and how to build your brand.
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly
- Content Inc.: How Entrepreneurs Use Content to Build Massive Audiences and Create Radically Successful Businesses
Networking is especially important for insurance agencies, as referrals are often one of the best sources of new clients.
Whether you’re outgoing or shy, these books will help you develop strategies for increasing your network and developing those valuable relationships.
- Business Networking: How to Build an Awesome Professional Network: Strategies and tactics to meet and build relationships with successful people
To build a successful insurance agency, you have to take an entrepreneurial approach.
These books will teach you the strategies, mindset, and skills required to bootstrap your agency from a few clients to thousands of satisfied customers.
- The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses
As your agency grows, your leadership skills will become more crucial.
The team you build and the success you create as a group will largely depend on your ability to inspire others to do their best work.
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You (10th Anniversary Edition)
In addition to your ability to lead your agency, you also need to keep it organized and running smoothly.
The following books share the most effective and timeless strategies for business management.
Running an insurance agency can be very demanding, especially during periods of fast growth.
Your ability to manage your time effectively and work efficiently will not only keep you sane, but also help you improve your business.
Whether a client isn’t pleased with their policy rates, an employee wants to discuss a raise, or you’re dealing with a vendor – negotiation is a natural part of business.
These books will help you come out ahead and create win-win situations.
The more you improve yourself, the more you can improve your insurance business.
The following books will help you develop good habits, get motivated, and become a better version of yourself.
- Awaken the Giant Within : How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny!
Whether you’re just getting into the insurance business or you’re a veteran – you’re never too old or too smart to learn more and hone your craft.
The books on this will help you improve your insurance business and create a successful future.
P.S. Don’t forget to connect with Agency Nation on Instagram.