Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America, Inc.
Effective as of February 1, 2021
When using this Site you agree:
- To comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including, without limitation, the antitrust laws.
- To abide by the copyright ownership of materials and information on this Site in accordance with the following:
(a) The works of authorship on this Site that have been created, produced, uploaded and/or otherwise contributed by Agency Nation, including, but not limited to, all design, text, images, and sounds (individually and collectively “Publications”), are owned or approved for use by Agency Nation, except as otherwise expressly stated. The Publications may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, rented, sublicensed, altered, stored for subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part (individually and collectively “Reproduced”) in any manner without Agency Nation’s prior written consent, except as expressly permitted by a notice on the Publication, or except to the extent permitted by law. If Reproduced, the Publications must be Reproduced with the copyright notice on all copies, be Reproduced without changes, and be used for informational/non-commercial purposes. Since some of the Publications on the Site were provided under licenses from other entities with all rights reserved, if you are interested in obtaining a license so that one or more of those materials or information may be Reproduced, please contact Agency Nation’s Communications Department at (800) 221-7917 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(c) Agency Nation will respond to allegations of violations of copyrights of others in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). Agency Nation will process notices it receives of alleged copyright infringement and take appropriate action as required by the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws. If you believe any material contained in this Site infringes your copyright, you should notify Agency Nation of your copyright infringement claim in accordance with the following procedures:
Notice of the alleged copyright infringement must be sent to this Site’s designated agent (“DMCA Agent”), who is:
127 South Peyton Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-2803
To be effective, the notice must be in writing and contain substantially the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (including the URL where the infringing work is available), or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site (including URLs where the infringing work is available).
(iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Agency Nation to locate the material.
(iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit Agency Nation to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
(v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner, or is the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon receipt of an effective notice of alleged copyright infringement, Agency Nation will remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing content, forward the notice of alleged copyright infringement to the alleged infringer, and inform the alleged infringer that Agency Nation has removed or disabled access to such content. If the alleged infringer believes the copyright infringement allegation is unfounded or in error, the alleged infringer may send a counter notification to Agency Nation.
The counter notification may be sent to:
127 South Peyton Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-2803
To be effective, the counter notification must be sent to Agency Nation’s DMCA Agent, be in writing, and contain substantially the following:
(i) A physical or electronic signature of the alleged infringer.
(ii) Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
(iii) A statement under penalty of perjury that the alleged infringer has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
(iv) The alleged infringer’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the alleged infringer consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the alleged infringer’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Agency Nation may be found, and that the alleged infringer will accept service of process from the person who provided the notice of alleged copyright infringement to Agency Nation or an agent of such person.
Upon receipt of an effective counter notification, Agency Nation will provide a copy of the counter notification to the sender of the notice of alleged copyright infringement and inform such person that Agency Nation will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it in ten (10) business days. Agency Nation will then replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it in no fewer than ten (10), and no more than fourteen (14), business days following receipt of the effective counter notification, unless Agency Nation’s DMCA Agent first receives notice from the sender of the notice of alleged copyright infringement that such person has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the alleged infringer from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Site.
- To abide by the trademark ownership of names, logos, or slogans (collectively “Trademarks”) on the Site in accordance with the following: Reproduction or republication of any Trademarks belonging to Agency Nation is prohibited without prior written permission from Agency Nation. Please reach out to the relevant contact at Agency Nation or via (800) 221-7917 or email@example.com to request permission.
- To abide by Agency Nation’s position relative to links to other sites and postings by others, as follows: The Site contains links to Internet sites of Agency Nation members, state associations, and other third party businesses and resources, and each such third-party Internet site may have its own privacy and data collection policies and practices. Agency Nation is not responsible for the privacy and data collection policies and practices of any of its members, state associations or other businesses and resources, or for the content of their Internet sites. Users interested in the privacy and data collection policies and practices of Agency Nation members, state associations or other businesses and resources should review the policies of the Internet sites they choose to access.
Agency Nation disclaims all representations and warranties of any kind, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, about the Internet sites of its members, state associations or other third-party businesses and resources, and Agency Nation disclaims all warranties and representations of any kind, express, implied, statutory, or otherwise, including, without limitation, warranties and representations with respect to Agency Nation members’, state associations’, and other businesses’ and resources’ Internet sites, security, content, privacy and data collection policies and practices, and actions. Links to other Internet sites do not imply Agency Nation’s endorsement or approval of such Internet sites or the resources and information contained within them, nor are such links or references indications that Agency Nation has received specific authorization to provide these links or resources. Agency Nation does not endorse, approve, certify or control such external Internet sites, and is not responsible for the security, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, efficacy, merchantability, usefulness, fitness for any particular purpose or correct sequencing of information located at such sites.
The links and references on this Site to other Internet sites are provided solely as a convenience to users of this Site. All postings, including but not limited to comments and replies on the Site, are not to be relied on as professional opinions or advise. Additionally, Agency Nation makes no representations or warranties, and expressly disclaims any representations, warranties, or other commitments, about any non-Agency Nation portal, website or third-party source that may be accessible from or linked to the Site.
- To abide by Agency Nation’s position relative to materials and information on this Site, as follows: All of the materials and information in this Site are provided without representations or warranties of any kind. Agency Nation disclaims all representations and warranties of any kind, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, to you and/or any other party, including, without limitation, any warranties of accuracy, timeliness, completeness, efficacy, merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, and usefulness of the materials and information provided.
- Agency Nation shall have no tort, contract, statutory, or any other liability to you or any other users of this Site and/or to any other party. Agency Nation shall not be liable to you and/or any other party for any lost profits or lost opportunities, or any direct, indirect, special, consequential, incidental or punitive damages whatsoever arising out of or relating to this Site or any materials and information provided on or through the Site, even if Agency Nation has been advised of the possibility of such damages and regardless of the alleged basis or theory of liability. The materials and information contained in this Site are not intended to provide specific advice about individual legal, business or other questions, and are not a substitute for your independent research and evaluation of any issue. If specific legal or other expert advice is required or desired, you may want to seek the services of an appropriate, competent professional.